We are looking for a positive, flexible self-starter to join our team as a software engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in delivering software solutions as an integral part of a small, agile and growing business.
Our team of analysts, consultants, software specialists and Defence SMEs work closely with our customers to deliver high-impact services and solutions. We provide software applications and data science capability to support our clients decision-making processes.
As software engineer your role will include:
- Developing high quality software applications for business users.
- Using agile approaches to develop applications and tools, including requirements capture, design, development, testing and management.
- Following software development best practice approaches.
- Working closely with our clients and our team of consultants and analysts to ensure applications are aligned to business requirements.
- Proactively managing your work, supporting team members and developing your skills and experience.
- Taking pride in your work and understanding how your work contributes to delivering a great result for our clients.
- Developing strong relationships with the wider Catalyze team.
Our UK office is based just outside Winchester. The role will require a blend of working from our office, occasional travel to client sites, and working from home. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements based on individual circumstances.
Our main clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the south of England.
A competitive package will be offered, based on your experience.
We believe knowledge, skills and experience of the following will enable you to excel in this role:
- Knowledge of current software design and development approaches, platforms and best practice.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Experience in using Git for version control.
- Knowledge of unit testing, integration testing, and User Acceptance testing.
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles
- A self-starter and team player.
- Taking a consultative approach to your work, understanding how your work contributes to delivering a great result for our clients.
- Good communication skills, enabling you to work confidently with team members and clients.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work.
- Attention to detail and the drive to see work through to completion.
- A positive and flexible approach to your work.
Knowledge and experience of the following is also of interest:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power Platform, including Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Familiarity with Docker and understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Business Analyst skillsets and approaches.
- Deploying web applications on cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Experience with Redhat Openshift Container Platform.
- Experience with React.js.
- Proficiency in working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Data science techniques, including discrete event simulation.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including VBA.
- Understanding of the UK MoD and Armed Forces.
It is a requirement that the successful candidate is eligible for Defence Security Clearance, which typically requires an individual to have been living in the UK for a minimum of five years with a right to work.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to Adrian Harris, email@example.com
We are always pleased to hear from people with a positive and flexible approach, and with the skills, experience, and interest to help grow our team of consultants, analysts and software specialists.