Update 4th June 2013: Please note this position has now been filled.
Analyst Consultant – May 2013
A rare opportunity to join a growing boutique management consultancy, with an enviable reputation and senior level client base.
Catalyze is a Strategy Consultancy headquartered in the UK with offices in New Zealand and US. We specialise in helping our client’s make the right strategic decisions. We are experts in strategy, decision making tools and methodology, understanding and using data and engaging people to get their input and alignment to the decision being made. We use this expertise to create and execute decision-making processes which focus on delivering the best possible outcome.
We are looking for someone to join our UK team and provide analyst support across the globe. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of this exciting business and develop your expertise and career. We value our employees and we believe in building an individual’s capabilities and strengths to help them to reach their and our full potential.
You will work with our consultants and clients at a senior level on a wide portfolio of projects. For example helping large multi-national corporations prioritise and manage their business portfolios or government departments with major procurement decisions.
Your role will include:
- Creating Decision-Making models using proprietary software
- Developing Excel based tools to help support strategic decision making
- Working with colleagues and clients to collate, analyse and interpret data
- Working with colleagues to design and deliver Decision-Making processes
- Producing internal and external reports summarising method, analysis, results and conclusions
- Working with experts and thought leaders to contribute to our continuous improvement drive
Training will be provided where necessary.
The UK office is based just outside Winchester. There will be numerous opportunities to travel internationally specifically to US and New Zealand.
A competitive package will be offered, based on your experience.
For this role we would look for the following:
- A strong and extensive analytical background
- Demonstrable advanced Excel skills to help analyse and visualise quantitative data
- Competence in VBA within Excel to build and configure Excel applications
- Experience of working with business intelligence and management information systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills, able to multitask and prioritise your workload
- A positive and flexible approach to your work
- A relevant degree, most likely to be numerical or technical
- Take national and some international travel in your stride
Although this is not a software development role knowledge of relational databases, SQL reporting services and Excel application add-on development would be of interest.
How to apply
To apply by email to this position, please send us your CV and covering letter: firstname.lastname@example.org.