Management Consultant – January 2019
An exciting opportunity to join a growing boutique management consultancy, with an enviable reputation and senior level client base.
Catalyze is a Strategy Consultancy headquartered in the UK. We specialise in helping our clients make the right decisions. We are experts in strategy, decision-making tools and methodologies, portfolio prioritisation and delivery, understanding and using data and engaging people. We use this expertise to create, execute and embed decision-making processes that deliver results.
We are looking for a positive and flexible Management Consultant with an analytical background and experience of working within Defence in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a small, agile and growing business.
You will work with our consultants and clients at a senior level on a number of projects. You will work across different industries, initially focusing within Defence in the UK.
Your role will include:
- A leading role in the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with our Clients and our consultants and analysts.
- Collating, managing and analysing data
- Deriving unique insights from data to inform senior-level decision making
- Running meetings and small workshops to, for example, understand and design business processes, capture requirements, and identify and explore strategic options
- Contributing to the design and delivery of portfolio prioritisation and decision-making processes
- Producing internal and external presentations and reports to summarise process, findings, recommendations and/or decision analysis results
We value our employees and we believe in building an individual’s capabilities and strengths to help them reach their full potential and help us reach ours. Training will be provided where necessary.
The UK office is based just outside Winchester. Initial clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the south of England.
A competitive package will be offered, based on your experience.
For this role we are looking for the following:
- Strong analytical background
- Experience working in Defence in the UK, particularly in the public sector
- Management Consulting skills
- Ability to work at senior to junior levels within organisations
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
- Demonstrable advanced Excel skills to help analyse and visualise quantitative data
- Understanding of Project and Portfolio Management best practice
- Interest in Decision Analysis techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive and flexible approach to your work
- A relevant degree, such as a business, numerical or technical subject
Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be beneficial but not essential.
How to apply
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to Ady Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org